The Cradle of Liberty Council will cover the cost of targeted Facebook advertising for unit recruitment events starting in August 2019 provided that units complete the following:
1. At least one registered volunteer from the unit attends a recruitment workshop.
2. The unit submits the details of their main recruitment event to occur in August, September or October no later than June 28.
The council Facebook page (facebook.com/colbsa) will be utilized to create events and advertise. The council will not cover the cost of advertising through other Facebook pages or platforms.
This initiative will replace the unit membership growth grants program the council has offered for the past several years. Interest in that program has waned and the council membership committee believes this new digital advertising effort will be more beneficial for all units council-wide.
BeAScout.org is THE tool for families to find your Scouting unit and register online, so it’s critical to make sure your unit’s BeAScout pin is accurate. Your unit should also enable online registration if it hasn’t already.
Who Can Update Your Unit’s BeAScout Pin?
Your unit’s “key-3:”
– Unit Leader (Cubmaster, Scoutmaster, Varsity Coach, Crew Advisor, or Skipper)
– Unit Committee Chair
– Unit Chartered Organization Representative
Sustaining strong membership in a unit depends not only on having new members join the unit, but also on engaging youth and their families in the unit experiences so that they feel welcomed and want to stay. The role of the New Member Coordinator is to ensure that both keys to success take place.
The New Member Coordinator (NMC) position has been designed to:
– Be a FUN and engaging position.
– Form relationships with new members and their families.
– Use a team approach by encouraging more than one NMC in a unit, allowing them to tailor their work to individual interests/expertise, as well as to recognize the particular needs of the unit.
– Fit every type of unit, every age level and every program.
– Be recruited and supported by key unit leadership.
– Be provided with training both online and face to face.
– Be mentored by the district membership chair and become part of the district membership team.
– Be visible and easily identifiable at unit gatherings by their Welcoming smiles and their BSA “Welcome” logo that they display and wear on an activity shirt, on a hat or vest or in some cases, a pin on a field uniform.
Introduce your new Cub Scouts to the adventure of summer camp and the great outdoors by encouraging them to attend one of the following Fall Fest sessions! The whole family can join us for a fun-filled day of activities at Musser Scout Reservation in Pennsburg, PA from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM!
Activities include: Archery, BB gun shooing, Slingshots, Apple Chuckin’, Giant Lawn Games, BMX Bikes, Bouldering Wall, Crafts, Scout Skills, Science, and MORE family activities!
All units that submit new Cub Scout applications no later than October 31, 2018 by 4:30 PM will receive free Bobcat badges for the newly-recruited Cub Scouts in your pack! Badges will be available for representatives from qualifying packs to pick-up from the Valley Forge Scout Shop:
The Scout Shop will distribute Bobcat badges earned through this incentive until November 15. After that date, badges can be picked-up at the front desk or from your district professional. Transfers and previously-registered Cub Scouts do not qualify for this incentive.
Recognize currently registered Scouts who recruit a friend(s) with a Recruiter Strip for their uniforms. Include any Scouts who recruited a new Scout since July 1, 2018. Submit names of recruiters and the Scouts who were recruited through the online form link below and we’ll get you the patches free of charge! Must submit by November 30, 2018 in order to receive patches. Patches will be mailed to unit leader of record in December. Only registered Cradle of Liberty Council youth are eligible to receive a patch.
See below for a list of item available to reserve, click here to reserve on or more of these items:
– 6′ x 2′ Banners
– 6′ Teardrop Banners
– Table Covers (suitable for 6′ or 8′ tables)
– 10′ x 10′ Pop-Up Tents