Watch the National Recruiting Webinars happening this summer to help get ready for recruiting. These regular, one-hour sessions will cover topics important to recruiting in 2020.
July 9: Tech Edition – BeAScout.org, Invitation Manager Video
August 6: 10 Recruiting Ideas in 10 Minutes, Local PR, Brand Center [coming soon]
Register for Upcoming Webinars:
BeAScout.org is THE tool for families to find your Scouting unit and register online, so it’s critical to make sure your unit’s BeAScout pin is accurate. Your unit should also enable online registration if it hasn’t already.
Who Can Update Your Unit’s BeAScout Pin?
Your unit’s “key-3:”
– Unit Leader (Cubmaster, Scoutmaster, Varsity Coach, Crew Advisor, or Skipper)
– Unit Committee Chair
– Unit Chartered Organization Representative
Starting in August 2020, the Cradle of Liberty Council will cover the cost of targeted (geofenced) Facebook advertising for the first 200 units in the council that submit their recruitment event information using the online form below.
Your unit is also encouraged to run its own social media promotion. It’s free or very inexpensive depending on what you’d like to do. To find out more, including what geofencing is all about, please check out the links below.
Resources from the July 23, 2020 National Recruitment Webinar on Geofencing, Search, Social Media, Peer-to-Peer Recruiting:
Useful Scouting Wire Articles:
Our goal is to have every current youth and adult member invite at least one new person to join Scouting!
Share why you’re a Scout on social media to spread the word! Scouts with the most likes on a single post win great prizes!
Here’s how it works:
10.2” Wi-Fi 32 GB • $329 Value
With Charging Case • $159 Value
Recognize currently registered Scouts who recruit a friend(s) with a Recruiter Strip for their uniforms. Include any Scouts who recruited a new Scout since July 1, 2020. Submit names of recruiters and the Scouts who were recruited through the online form link below and we’ll get you the patches free of charge! Must submit by November 30, 2020 in order to receive patches. Patches will be mailed to unit leader of record in December. Only registered Cradle of Liberty Council youth are eligible to receive a patch.
Sustaining strong membership in a unit depends not only on having new members join the unit, but also on engaging youth and their families in the unit experiences so that they feel welcomed and want to stay. The role of the New Member Coordinator is to ensure that both keys to success take place.
The New Member Coordinator (NMC) position has been designed to:
– Be a FUN and engaging position.
– Form relationships with new members and their families.
– Use a team approach by encouraging more than one NMC in a unit, allowing them to tailor their work to individual interests/expertise, as well as to recognize the particular needs of the unit.
– Fit every type of unit, every age level and every program.
– Be recruited and supported by key unit leadership.
– Be provided with training both online and face to face.
– Be mentored by the district membership chair and become part of the district membership team.
– Be visible and easily identifiable at unit gatherings by their Welcoming smiles and their BSA “Welcome” logo that they display and wear on an activity shirt, on a hat or vest or in some cases, a pin on a field uniform.
See below for a list of item available to reserve, click here to reserve on or more of these items:
– 6′ x 2′ Banners
– 6′ Teardrop Banners
– Table Covers (suitable for 6′ or 8′ tables)
– 10′ x 10′ Pop-Up Tents