As a pilot pack, the pack agrees to:
– Get approval from their chartered partner and pack committee to participate.
– Agrees to use Scoutbook to set up all of their dens.
– Assign a registered adult leader in the pack as the representative to the council for the pilot. The representative agrees to participate in the pack pilot kick-off webinar on June 30, 2022 and if unable to attend the live webinar, to watch the recorded session.
– Beginning with the 2022-23 program year, pilot packs may form Lion (Kindergarten), Tiger (1st Grade), Wolf (2nd Grade), Bear (3rd Grade), and Webelos (4th Grade only) dens with boys and girls in them. To prepare them for Scouts BSA, Arrow of Light (5th Grade) Scouts are to remain in single-gender dens (this is a requirement and not optional). Multi-rank dens such as a den of Wolves (2nd graders) and Bears (3rd graders) working on their respective badges of rank may also be formed with girls and boys.
– Agree to have a registered adult leader as the den leader for each den.
– Contact the local council with any questions about the pilot.
– If the pilot is terminated for any reason, the pack agrees to discontinue the program and will no longer provide an option to form family dens.
Packs that complete the MOU below and are approved for the pilot will receive additional information and details about the kick-off webinar. You may contact your membership specialist or email email@example.com if you have any questions.